OpportunINDY’s work is accomplished through four large teams — education, employment, justice and health.
The teams are diverse and broad-based.
To improve efficiency, find synergy, focus energy and build collective will —
- Each focus area team has two Leads.
- Focus area Leads also support appointed Strategy Chairs.
- OpportunINDY relies on two additional Leads — one leading an Advocacy team and one leading a Communications team. These two teams work with all four focus areas — around state/local/organizational policy advocacy and public messages.
- Leads keep their teams moving collaboratively forward as they address multiple strategies at the same time.
- To support quality thinking, planning and “doing”, each team is assigned a Field Knowledge Lead. This person brings a toolkit of broad, deep and national emerging practice wisdom to his or her team’s focus area.
- All 10 Leads signs a Partner agreement specific to their role as Lead.
As a body, this Leadership Team shares ideas and concerns with the OpportunINDY Advisory Team. Committed to cycles of continuous improvement, it also engages strategy groups in ongoing, action-oriented conversation about what works, what doesn’t, what can be tested and what the data says.
OUR CURRENT LEADS ARE:
High School Education & Post-Secondary Certification
Carole Craig, Craig Leadership Services LLC
Educational Equity Consultant
Alan Bacon, Harrison College- Northwest Campus
Justice & Successful Re-entry
James Wilson, Circle Up Indy
Gina Fears, Edna Martin Christian Center
Martindale-Brightwood Community Builder